Thursday, November 13, 2014

11-13-14 Today I woke up at 13:30 in the afternoon (1:30pm). As per my usual routine, I went to visit Sandra for lunch and coffee. Lunch consisted on a leftover biscuit from Cracker Barrel and some leftover mashed potatoes. It was satisfying, but I also knew I would likely pay for it later. The potatoes weren't heavy on my stomach, surprisingly. I drank my coffee and got a glass of water down. Off to crossfit we go.

Today was open gym, so after the warm-up the workout was as follows:

Press (20x1)
     5-7 Reps X 3 sets
 
For Time
21, 15, 9
Dumb Bell Power Press
Kettle Bell SDHP
50 Meter FW b/w sets
 
Hard Effort For Time
20 Alternating Dumb Bell Snatch
9 Burpees
15 Dumb Bell Push Jerks
9 Burpees
10 Dumb Bell Thrusters 
 
 
     I knew there was trouble during the warm-up. My legs screamed during boot-straps. (Boot straps are like a squat, then stand bend over and go back down. They are simple and they stretch your hamstrings.) The simple warm up was discouraging. Where did my energy go? I suffered through the rest. During the dumb bell power press my arms got so tired that I accidently hit myself in the head. Yes, I just admitted that.  
 
     Burpees are my kryptonite. I feel clumsy. I suck at them. Despite that I completed my workout. I got my seat on. I pushed through and got it done. When I went to leave I couldn't raise my arms above my head to put my hoodie on. Even now, hours later, I feel like a spaghetti noodle.
 
     Eating right and hydration go a long way. I can only contribute my sluggishness to me not taking proper care of myself. This too shall change... I was also motivated to really start continuing working out on my days without crossfit.
 
This super hero is tired.
 
- Super Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment