Thursday, October 30, 2014

Crossfit class #2. I was challenged by the first class and also surprised at my recovery. I wasn't as sore as 'bring your friend to crossfit' day. Then again it had only been two days. So, I was somewhat optimistic when I walked into the gym today.

Today I was introduced to "Tabata Hell". Yes, really. The workout had the word 'hell' in the title. One would think that 20 seconds of effort and ten seconds of rest would not kill you. If you are one of these people, try the Tabata workout. I have ALWAYS laughed and the people in the gym who grunted. I mean, who does that? Do you just want people to look and you? Today, I became one of those people.

If I ever laughed at you for grunting... I apologize. I now know this is from the exhausting effort to keep doing something your body is trying to tell you that you no longer have the energy to do. Thankfully my body pushed through and still completed the workout. I did not die. I also could not gracefully go from a standing position to a sitting position. I think I am waddling when I walk. My legs are gonna look like the Incredible Hulk at this rate. And, honestly... I'm down with that.

On the way out I met one of the other trainers. The trainer for the advanced class. In our short conversation he called me 'motherfucker'. I may love him. Perhaps one day I can build up enough strength to take his class.

I've got four days before my next crossfit class. I am thinking a good run and some cycling are in order. Maybe I will even grunt...

Super Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment