Tuesday, October 28, 2014


Today was the day. Sandra told me that if you were late to crossfit class that the instructor would make you do burpees. If you don't know what a burpee is, google it. Then try ten. Then continue reading. With that in mind, I made it to class a full 30 minutes early. I was awarded a freakishly small XL shirt, which is pretty bad ass looking, but it fits like a medium. Either way, I am all about the free stuff. I am also given a small yellow ball. It's to stretch my feet, something I have never done. You should try it.     

Class consisted of the military press, army crawls, a 400 meter sprint (I still don't know what a meter is). Then it was finished off with a 700 meter row. Then, last but not least... burpees.

This was all after the warm-up which consisted of teams squat jumping with weighted exercise balls then situps then... burpees... then repeat. then repeat again. Yea.

I was pretty sure I would die doing those army crawls. The first set I pounded out with no problem. The second and subsequent sets were ugly. When you have no core strength, it is difficult to keep your feet from sliding out from under you. Oh... and I guess I forgot to explain. An army crawl is like planking and touching your knee to your elbows. It's rough if you are out of shape.

When we got to the 400 meter sprint I felt a relief. I run, so this shouldn't be so bad. About 4 strides into the sprint I realized just how fatigued my legs were. I had to pull back a little or I would not have finished.

At the end of the workout I was able to walk out of the gym and not feel like I was gonna fall on my face (like I did when I went to the 'bring a friend to crossfit' class). I can already feel muscles getting tight.




I made it home, took care of everyone and most importantly I made a recovery drink with my Rockin Wellness.

So there you have it. I survived the first workout. I know the soreness will hit day two. I'm planning a recovery run tomorrow to keep loose and keep working out.

- Super Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment